2K views

How interesting!I received the same letter 2 days ago, and just began reading it about 10 minutes ago.

I began thinking it was some Scientology solicitation or something. Then the wheels began to turn- if the author of the letter was told by his attorneys to keep his identity confidential, why did he sign the letter? Or give his name, "Kevin," during one of the anecdotes? And what special gift do I posses?

etc, etc...

I figured if I fax or send it in, they confirm that I do exist and reside at this address, and they will find some way to swindle me out of money. I don't know what prompted me to google "best kept secrets" and 10X, which was printed in small text on the back of the envelope. Kudos to all of you for posting to this site.

I'm glad I'm not the last skeptic out there...

Had an Experience with Invitation Processing?

Comments

Evansville, Indiana, United States #1191785

I got a letter 2 days ago, addressed to my dead father who's been gone 33 yrs.You'd think if, acc'g to the letter, they had access to everything, incl.

secret knowledge and such, they'd be able to access the public record and see that he's been gone a very long time.sheesh, what idiots.

This is a scam.You can't trust anything from Texas, a state that has virtually now regulations and allows fraudulent companies to operate freely.

I received the same 10 page letter from Tom about a special invite to "The League" but was only given 2 days to respond.

The scam is that you can't respond in time and they will claim that you missed out but can still get a 40% discount on what ever they are trying sell.

Just remember Texas Scans are the American version of the Nigerian Scams.

Mr.Tonibear, Your skeptical about faxing in your Membership Invite thinking they will have your number and THEN will scam you out of money???

It's a free membership. Myself , I feel you do not deserve the Membership Invite.

The Secret Club must have had made a mistake in picking this member........:x

KEV

I DESERVE MY MEMBERSHIP INVITE AND I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE IT BACK, PRETTY PLEASE! I WAS SENT AN INVITATION AND SOME HOW I MISPLACED MY RETURN ENVELOPE. PISSED AND NOW SAD. I WAS CHOSEN AND I NOW MISSED MY MAIL IN DATE. ***! I WOULD HAVE BEEN AN ASSIT MEMBER FOR THE CLUB. 8)

MY TURN IN DATE WAS TO BE POSTMARKED BEFORE MIDNIGHT, FRIDAY, AUGUST 9,2013. (214) 367-3877 FAX NUMBER GIVEN WAS BUSY! BUSY! BUSY!EACH TIME I TRIED TO RESPOND.

KEV

INVIT. NUM. M000409253

COME GET ME, YOUR LOSING A GREAT MEMBER! :x

to KEVOOGLE Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States #700157

What a DF!!

I received a letter also from the Society.

The letter claims I would have a free membership

to their group and that I would receive a 56 page

booklet with secrets. The letter head had a code

of arms with 2 Dragons on each side.

The address was Texas. The Fax numberthey wanted me to

send the signed invitation is. # (214)367-3877)

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, United States #654292

Has anyone bothered to complain to the United States Postal Service about this?1-877-876-2455 or 1-866-644-5696.

What a waste of paper and energy.This is a useless carbon footprint.

Richmond, Virginia, United States #653809

This is the second time I've received this novel attempt to prey on one characteristic we all possess: 'curiosity'.But as Shakespeare originally first observed in 1598, "Curiosity killed the cat" (sic).

In other words, I'm certain anyone with an IQ of at least 99 should be aware of the words of King Solomon, who observed so long ago, '...there is no new thing under the sun.' (Ecclesiastes 1:9B (KJV). Bottom line? I fed the pages I received to my shredder which seemed to enjoy them more than I .

:) End of lesson.

This comment is for the people who are serious (the people making a joke of this and scaring the idiots are smart enough not to waste their time reading this).This is how you all are writing in the most stripped down way: Just got my 12 page letter; just got my 3 page letter; just got my 8 page letter.

AS IF YOUR # OF PAGES QUALIFIES IT. Did you guys notice he slips and gives us his name (Kevin)? But then signs it John? I just saved some of you with this info, thanks to my intellect.

.....This is how you serious people sound.BY THE WAY...JOHN WROTE THE LETTER, KEVIN IS THE FAMOUS PERSON THAT JOHN IS WRITING ABOUT...NOW GO BACK AND READ THE LETTER AGAIN AND SEE IF YOU CAN FIGURE OUT WHEN JOHN STOPS TELLING KEVIN'S STORY...YOU NEED A 3RD GRADE EDUCATION THOUGH TO FIGURE THIS OUT...I just wasted my time hoping to get people to join MY SECRET ORGANIZATION...only the few I see messing with the psychos (not the guys trying to be overtly funny) but the guys actually causing damage to a weaker person's psyche, would be allowed to join.

I am concerned more about what you people are not catching.Am I the only who read the letter properly?

You guys take the time to write a complaint, take the time to make comments on it, but don't get it. Not one person has caught on to it yet. Even this person who I am commenting under understood and used the word anecdote to describe the story within a story, but in the same sentence talks about the part of the lawyer in the anecdote, then applies it to the writer of the letter. Check my other comment after this to show you all what I am hearing from all of you.

Just follow my name.MY GOD, I AM SMARTER THAN MOST PEOPLE.